The ARIA (Australian Recording Industry Association) Music Awards 2010 is on tonight! Dont miss it out as it recognises the all the local music talent. The show will start at 8pm and finish at 10pm but gates will open to the general public at 6pm. They will be held at the Sydney Opera House. Tickets can be purchased through Moshtix.
ARIA is a non-profit organisation contributing an independent position to Australian music culture. ARIA has developed and is responsible for creating a widely recognised benchmark for success for the Australian recording industry and its artists, notably the ARIA Charts, the ARIA Awards and the ARIA Hall of Fame.
ARIA is active in many key areas of the Australian music industry:
– We act as an advocate for the industry, both domestically and internationally.
– We support Australian music, and create opportunities to help it be heard.
– We play an active role in protecting copyright and the fight against music piracy.
– We collect statistical information from members and retailers and compile numerous ARIA charts with data provided by over 1,100 retailers.
– ARIA is a focus for industry opinion and compiler of industry information and views.
– ARIA provides in certain cases, a reproduction licensing function on behalf of its members for various copyright user.
– We stage the highly prestigious annual ARIA Awards.
– We also help those in the industry who have fallen on hard times, through our support of Support Act Limited, the industry’s benevolent fund.
– Our primary objective is to advance the interests of the Australian record industry by ensuring ARIA is a cohesive, effective and respected organisation.
– We harness the talents of key industry people to achieve the best outcome on industry issues and challenges.
Video was part of Channel 10 news image via moshtix